How should deities be interpreted? Are they even real?

Thanks!

And even later to the party, but a few thoughts.

Perhaps similar to ArmandDiaz’s description (or perhaps completely different?), I view the deities as representation of a view into that which we cannot sense directly. Descripting these other dimensions isn’t likely something we (or at least myself) can do justice since, well, I can’t see them. Hence there find our angels, demons, cherubim, seraphim, saints, archangels, and gods (I’m most familiar with Christianity) which enable us to transcend our physical/sensory/secular world with all of it’s day-to-day doings. When we as groups start coalescing into agreement on these representations of what we cannot sense directly, then we have our shared religions.
Are there dimensions that we cannot sense directly? I “feel” that there are. I “think” that there are. Heck, I even “know” that there are. And I can find billions of others that confirm my “knowings”. :slight_smile:
Having enjoyed some shamanic journeying, I have always been intrigued that descriptions are very very similar to almost identical for experiences between a practitioner in the Finnish arctic circle, plains of African, jungles of Amazon, or Pacific Northwest. Could this be a Universal human inkling, 6th sense, unveiling, or just simply a common neurophysiological manifestation of Magenta Magic/Animism? Does our individual and collective “inward” journey eventually have us find ourselves in the exterior quadrants?

As Armand says, late to the discussion and I’m fairly certain that I know a lot less than I can even fathom. But onward we go!

1 Like