Someone please help me--I need clarification as a new member to integral

That’s really funny, Ray! I worked in a psychiatric hospital for about a year or so and never had a JC. It was more like a Medicaid gin mill than anything else because the same old people would come over and over, never got any counseling help, and the psychiatric help was simply to give them the fix they wanted for a little while, at least. There were actually some people who really did benefit from being secluded from the family or friends or being alone, especially schizo-affective ones which sounds like your patient. The border lines are always a lot of fun because they could talk rationally and they could talk a lot, but it didn’t have anything to do with what was going on and it usually was based on paranoia.

I also worked for a couple years with the intellectually disabled in group homes. I don’t know if it’s possible, but they may have been lower than red, at least a few of the guys. It was really hard to get angry at any of those guys except one dude who just wouldn’t listen, but that’s another story for another time.

2 Likes

Hi John,

I don’t know if you would be interested but Charlie Marxer is putting together a book group in the near future. It seems like he is opening it up and you can see the posts in the topic “How to Map Personal Events”