What hooked you into Integral Theory?

For my own path, I experienced a sudden and spontaneous spiritual implosion when I was 19 years old, way back in 1996 or so, which sent me on the seeker’s path as I began trying to figure out what the hell had just happened to me. I was then fortunate enough to find one of Ken’s books, A Brief History of Everything, at the local bookstore just six months later. It was love at first read, and I’ve always felt like Ken’s work saved me a lot of time by avoiding some of the darker corners of the new age/new thought movement at the time. It didn’t take too long before I consumed everything he had written, and made the decision to put myself in service to the unfolding of integral ideas in the world, so I moved out to Boulder in 2000 with the singular hope of getting involved with Ken’s project in some way. And then finally found my way in just a few years later, just before launching Integral Naked back in 2003.

Through a series of bizarre coincidences, the first time I actually met Ken in person was while serving tables for his ex-wife Marci’s bridal shower at a local Boulder restaurant I worked at, and then catering their wedding reception at Ken’s mountain house. That was a pretty momentous day for me! I didn’t start working with Ken for another year or two afterward, but when I finally saw him again, he remembered me from his wedding, which was also a pretty momentous day LOL.

It’s been a magic carpet ride ever since!

4 Likes