A Unique View Into You: Working With a Client’s AQAL Constellation

This article provides an introduction to the set of six lenses used to support client assessment and competency development. Integral Coaches receive in-depth training in the application of integral theory to the field of adult development. For the purpose of this article, a particular client thread is used to enable readers to grasp each lens in a coaching application. The six lenses used by Integral Coaching Canada are the four quadrants (competencies, orientation, and translation), levels of consciousness (including three levels within each level), six lines of development (cognitive, emotional, interpersonal, somatic, spiritual, and moral), states of consciousness (gross, subtle, and causal as well as productive and non-productive, high-energy and low-energy states), gender type structures (feminine and masculine development), and Enneagram type structures. Coaches graduating from Integral Coaching Canada use all six lenses from Looking AT and Looking AS perspectives for both client assessment and integral practice design.

1 Like

Very good article! I liked the case study approach. That illustrated the ideas nicely. If there were some forum to present a variety of such cases (suitably anonymized or sufficiently fictionalized), that would be very, very interesting.

Also, I had never taken an Enneagram test, so inspired by your article, I took the plunge. Type 3 here. Expecting recognition and approval to start coming my way any minute now!