Education/Career Path


I would like to teach Integral Theory based courses at the college level. I have a B.S. in Psychology and would like to at least get a Master’s in Psychology and am wondering what concentration would be recommended with Integral Theory in mind. Social-Personality, Clinical, Behavioral Neuroscience? Are traditional universities ideal for someone looking to study at the Integral level?


Hi Matt,

I am in a similar situation as you. I started studying Integral Theory about three years ago along with an integrated independent study of psychologies of liberation, transpersonal psychology, and much more. I had a spiritual experience, an ego death of sorts, I experienced “the dark night of the soul”. I decided at age 41 to go back to school and get my BS in Psychology solely so I could study integral theory with the best of them. There are only a handful of Master’s/PHD program that even recognize integral theory/transpersonal psychology in their curriculums. These are the three that I have done the most research on. and Hope this helps in your endeavors.


Thanks, I did eventually come across those institutions as well. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around getting an online PhD in an already unusual field. Most of my “inner circle” don’t see it as practical enough, although they don’t really understand the field to begin with.