Enneatype 1 Discussion Thread

A space for attendees of our Integral Enneagram practice sessions to connect, ask questions, and unpack your experiences with our live practice sessions.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this morning’s practice session. Looking forward to more!

3 Likes

Me too! Thank you, Lee.

1 Like

Thanks, Jarrod! :pray:

Thanks, Riana! :pray:

Thanks for creating this space, Corey! :pray:

During our first Enneagram Type 1 Session on October 12th, 2020, we explored:

• The experience of serenity
  • Participants’ main goals for the session
  • The strengths & weaknesses of Enneagram Type 1

During our second Enneagram Type 1 Session on November 11th, 2020, we explored:

• Acceptance
  • Perfection
  • Productive & Unproductive Criticism

Your action step for this upcoming month is to engage in an activity that brings you joy! :grin:

Thanks for showing up, everyone! :pray:

Hi everyone, thank you for the session.

For those who missed it, recommended reading mentioned:
Don Riso and Russ Hudson: The Wisdom of the Enneagram
books from authors Helen Palmer, Susan Rhodes
and resources on the website https://integrallife.com/your-enneagram-type-an-introduction/

Cheers!

1 Like

I did the quick test and it seems i will have a hard time to find my “dominant hand” type.

Does anyone else have similarly confusing results?

1 Like

Joined the Zoom (Dec 9, 2020) for the first time. I liked the connected ness. Working with others who are overly self critical seems like its a good way to go. Its almost a relief to at least approach it from that way. I tested myself and came up as a Type 1 so I’m comfortable knowing that. With the 9 wing. I have been able to join a couple of the Type 9 sessions which I feel comfortable joining. And the facilitator was gracious enough to be ok it. I think!! I learned that 1’s have a thing with 7 's in the fun department. I will be exploring this concept. And thank you Riana and Jim in that department as we explored it a bit.

2 Likes

Where does one find this test?On this website?
Ty
JB

1 Like

Ty John, nourishing for me as well
JB

1 Like

@jabruns you can find the test on https://integrallife.com/your-enneagram-type-an-introduction/ above the Indroduction video there is a grey box with a blue button “Start the Assessment”

1 Like

Ty,I am-as confused as your test,I am 14 on one and 13 on 3 others…

1 Like

Later I took more comprehensive test which gave me less biased answer https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/rheti . It was quite extensive.

1 Like

I was pretty convinced after I took one of the free surveys . Seemed similar and maybe the same as the one on Integral site. But over the years I have noticed that its never cut and dried for anyone. There seems to be ambiguities. But the process and basis that underlies it all seems solid. For instance the whole connection to 7 with regards to ‘fun’ is some beautiful way to make sense of it all. At least with personality !

1 Like

Thanks.
I took it 3 times with nearly identical scores so I feel it is consistent.
Ty
Jim b

1 Like