From Languishing to Flourishing

We were amazed at the serendipity when we opened the New York Times this morning and read Adam Grant’s article “There’s a Name for the Blah You’re Feeling: It’s Called Languishing.”

In it, he describes the feeling of languishing, something between not-quite hopeless depression, but far-from-thriving flourishing that he and millions of others have felt the past year during the pandemic. The reader comments to the article lit up with agreement and relief that readers weren’t alone in feeling joyless, listless, and aimless this past year.

In a word, millions of us are languishing.

The timing couldn’t have been better.

Watch as Robb Smith talks with Lee Mason about what an integral approach to flourishing looks like, and what we know about the science of getting out of languishing.

1 Like

I just signed up for the recorded version of the class. I was languishing before the pandemic and have just gotten worse. For my “do something” assignment, I called my Dad on the phone and invited a friend to go Cross Country Skiing.

I’d love for others doing the class to join me here.
Mark Evans

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Mark! :pray:

I hope you derived enjoyment from connecting with your Dad and going skiing! :four_leaf_clover: