Groups of Lines

I just listened to the BATGAP interview with Ken Wilber, and he mentions that there are three groups of lines – the cognitive lines, the self-related lines, and the gifts (aesthetic, kinesthetic, etc.). He didn’t go into it in detail, but this is the first time I’ve heard him clumping the lines into three main groups. I’d like to read more about which lines he’s putting in which groups. Do you know if he’s written (or spoken) more about that anywhere? I’d like to see which lines he’s putting into which groups.

1 Like

I haven’t heard Ken speak directly about the logic behind these divisions. They might be as much for convenience as to make functional distinctions.

The grouping of lines is a very speculative area at the moment. Lines themselves might viewed as naturalistic collections of “sub-lines”. Disagreements about which lines are essential parts of, say, the self-system might indicate that there are multiple valid ways to make these groupings. My own concern for the production of harmony between different psychic components leads to theorize about what I call ghost lines (hybrids) in which two or more lines are worked together toward a spiritualization that unfolds in degrees that could be matched by a similar unfolding between two or more other lines – producing a cognitive-aesthetic saint or an emotional-kineshetic saint, etc.

Very old conceptions of “mind-body-heart” or “the chakras” might also suggest zones into which line groupings could be organized.

We could all stand to hear and ponder and imagine ways that these groupings might operate…

1 Like

tely, the April 13 Ken Show was on multiple intelligences/lines of development, and the same three groupings of lines that you report from the BATGAP interview were mentioned in this episode. This was a really great conversation; you might want to check it out.

1 Like

Hey Layman, welcome back!

1 Like

Do you have the link for it, LaWanna?

https://integrallife.com/the-many-ways-we-grow/

(link for episode on lines of development–most of it for members of Integral Life)

1 Like