How to find Wilber followers locally - any suggestions?

Hello all,

As much as I appreciate the opportunity to share and be involved in this online community, I love to connect with people face to face. Having relocated to Barcelona (from Australia) I would really love to connect with some local Wilber enthusiasts. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I can find integral thinkers locally? (I have tried the meetup platform but no luck there for local groups where I live)

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!

Kinga

1 Like

Hola Kinga, Espero que hables español, entiendo el inglés pero no lo hablo muy fluido.
Yo vivo en Barcelona, asĂ­ que estoy encantado en formar una comunidad en Barcelona. Tenemos una comunidad on-line por si te interesa se llama www.comunidadintegral.es

Hola Gustavo,

Muchas gracias pero no hablo mucho Español todavía. Sería bueno para conectar con el grupo en el futuro.

Kinga

1 Like

Hello i live near barcelona also. I never meet any one ho is interested in integral theory so maybe some day we can speak about that.

Hello Raimon,

Yes, I’d love to meet up sometime. I go to a philosophy group every Wednesday in Barcelona. It is usually held in Cafe de les Delicies in Rambla Raval and you can find it on the meetup website. Come along if you are in the center (even if the registration is full, it is ok to join).

Hope to connect with you in the future,

Kinga

1 Like

Ok thanks for the invitation kinga

Perhaps you can check meetup.com as well? If there isn’t a Meetup group, you could also found one.

Hello Russ,

Yes, I love the meetup website and use it a lot already. And I agree, if there is not one, I may just have to create one :wink:

Thanks for that!

Kinga

HI Kinga

I am actually in Australia (from Sydney) LOL, I was actually thinking of the same thing. Do you know where the local Integral Aussies are at?

1 Like

Hey Wyze,

I was part of a great Wilber group in Adelaide before I left - they have been going for years now and I found another one in Melbourne when I lived there on the meetup website. wither that or FB may turn up some local integrals.

Or as russ.legear said above, start one yourself! Integrate them people :wink:

Good luck

Hi @Wyse,
I’m new to Integrallife today. I live in Sydney. My interfaith group are aware of Wilber and I will be sharing more of his work with them as I learn. Did you find any others in Sydney? Blessings Peter.

Hey Hearteveryonepeter

No I haven’t found anyone. I don’t actually know where to even start to look. Im guessing there will be few of us who knows about this flowing around but may not be using buzzwords like integral/spiral dynamics etc

Help?

1 Like

Hey thanks Kinga
I’ll keep trying.

Dear Wyse, It seems Integral Theory hasn’t really gained much traction in Sydney. you are welcome to our monthly interfaith gathering. here is the link. https://www.facebook.com/creatingpeace/
it may or may not be for you or if its too far for you, we could admit you to our Private FB page so you could keep in touch electronically.
So we are mainly Sutherland Shire dwellers and mainly anglo christian backgrounds. Around 15 members. and mainly middle aged.:smiley:

There is a city based gathering which some of us attend. Its called Sydney Sacred Centre. I cangive you details if this would suit you better.

Blessings #infinitelove

So I came across “Sydney Integrals” Facebook group which I joined. They do video meetups as well as regular meetings. I haven’t got along to any of their events yet but hope to soon. My Facebook handle is Peter Warren. Same profile picture.
#infinitelove

Hello everybody,

I have actually the same question that Kinga but I’m seeking some integral groups in France, especially in the Rhône Alpes area where I live. I’ll be glad if someone has some information.

Jorge

Hello everyone!

I had the same questions in the past and tried to find aggregated info about the local integral communities. For Europe I found useful resource http://www.integraleurope.org/countries/ where you can check the countries and local resources and communities. I’m not sure that is up to date but it’s possible to contact to editors of that site.
I have some idea to aggregate info about local communities in one place. Maybe it will be community.integrallife.com or other resource. Do you think it will be useful for people?

Hey, I am actively working on doing this. Anyone wants to help out? :slight_smile:
We discussed with @Heidi @HawaiianRyan and @LionLamb to build a global directory of integral people and organizations.

The initial idea would be that of having a directory where we can find people by location, skills, interests and any other parameter we see as useful in sourcing one another.

We have a tech to do it in 5 minutes and we could expand it to have integral job board, integral projects people can join and collaborate on and lots more.

If that is of interest I invite anyone who wants to work on it to let us know so we can join forces! We could set up a quick call in which I can present what we have so far in terms of technology to map people and to brainstorm about how to structure it.

Damiano

4 Likes

Here is the conversation where Damiano showed me the great tool he has developed: https://youtu.be/WxcX5jPgCKE

Hello Damiano!
Glad to hear these news.
I’m interested in this project and have time and desire to participate in it :slight_smile:

1 Like