Information Warfare Education, Propaganda, and How to Tell the Difference

I am curious what you actually think about this. You’ve been posting about this investigation for a very long time now, and have made many very strong claims about the consequences this would inevitably have for Hillary, for the DNC, etc.

Is it possible that your assumptions about this case were the result of disinfo/propaganda? If so, does this cause you to rethink or re-enact your own informational terrain a bit differently?

Of course I introspect on my beliefs as all new information becomes available.
The Jury of Peers did not think the Prosecutions case was worth of a Guilty verdict.

As I’ve said, I think now is time for the traumas to abate and the healing to begin.
Is it another few % into 2nd Tier?
Is the Integral Rapture now closer than its ever been?

Wow. I see it now! She’s like Jesus, Lady Justice and Virgin Mary as One! Hallelujah!

Here’s another one for the pile.

Morality of Authoritarian Planning. What could go wrong with Experts making the decisions.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2022/05/29/the_moral_cost_of_inflation_571119.html

Front Deflector shields at 100%, Mr. Sulu.

Did Hillary Clinton cause you trauma? If she did, I’m sure she would be glad to hear that you at least are healing and getting over it. Well, at least until the next cycle of outrage.

Yes, treasury secretaries and other gov officials do make mistakes. What is refreshing about this is that she admits it, rather than denying or doubling down as some tend to repeatedly do. Yes?

Ah, not quite. The DNCs strategies were designed to create a massive wealth shift and disempower those already with the least. It’s disingenuous for her to apologize when she and the Administration “were wrong”. They knew exactly the harm they are intentionally inflicting on our peoples.

How many families do you personally know that are being crippled by the current economic situation? How many parents can’t afford to drive their kids across town for events or to visit Grammy? Can Grammy afford to cook the kids her beef stew or is she having to feed them beans? How many Papas sit alone and no longer see their children and grandchildren due to our Administration’s policies?
How many families can’t afford to drive 10 miles in their pickup to buy groceries?
Or did your community all go buy EVs and snicker along with our current majority party politicians? They should have got with the program, right?

Think of it as the DNCs Trail of Tears. Slow bleed, slow starvation, soul crushing devastation of the poor.

DNC may destroy your communities but hang tight for a social program or two, some lice infested blankets and sack of weevil infested flour to provide bare sustenance. Thanks but no thanks for that kind of “compassion”.

FermentedAgave, you are worth your weight in gold in terms of how often I laugh at your vivid and colorful language! You and I coming from those 3 shekel households, we get some of this stress on the poor, don’t we? Don’t know about you, but I never slept on a “lice infested blanket” although maybe I remember a weevil or two in flour, but even the wealthy can experience that. Weevils are due to the wheat not being properly treated prior to milling, and are most common in hot weather or climates; weevil infestations of flour have little to do with poverty. (More than you ever wanted to know about that subject, I bet).

But lice and weevils and the tragic Trail of Tears aside, let’s think more integrally for a moment, or minimally, more fairly. Democrats do not own the copyright to inflation or recessions; you know this. The Great Recession of 2008-09 started in 2007 under the Republican Bush administration, remember?

The article you posted the link to provided a number of reasons for current inflation–everything from uptick in pandemic variants and lockdowns in China, to supply chain problems, to oil/gas pricing protocols that have little to do with government, to unforeseen things like the Putin-Ukraine war. And I would add a suspicion of corporate profiteering. While there is certainly the situation of demand outstripping supply as the article states, from personal experience, I know that certain products are widely available, and yet the prices are heavily increased.

My cold cereal, for instance, widely available, has gone up 50%. Another product I regularly buy and can find many places is now 30% higher. Then there’s the “shrinkage” of products; a rye bread I like, also easily found in my area, is the same price but the slices are about 2/3s the thickness they used to be.

Inflation is at 8.3%, having possibly peaked in March at 8.5%. So why the extra increases, far beyond the inflation rate?

What evidence do you have that “the DNCs strategies were designed to create a massive wealth shift and disempower those already with the least”?

You seem to cast an “evil eye” on anything that is not celebratory of the conservative/libertarian/republican party. It’s a shame. Because if you were more clear-eyed, more even in your assessments, with your vivid use of language, you’d be a real force to be reckoned with.

1 Like

Are the Democrats policies making your life and those of your community better, same as, or worse?
Are things trending for Papa to cook his grandkids bacon and eggs like he’s always done in the past? Does Mom have to explain to the kids why they can’t run across town or down the rural road to have ice cream with Grammy?
Here we heard quite a lot how Red states that opened up early and widely were killing of Qanon supporters. Did that happen?

Honestly I need help with this. What is better in our lives today than 2 years ago?
What specifically is trending to be better in our lives and perhaps more importantly what’s looking to trend better for the next generation than we have had it?

Thanks for the compliments.

"Here’s the situation,” Biden said at a Tokyo news conference on May 23, “when it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it’s over, we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels.”

No cost is too high for the poorest in America to bear in order to correct .

https://www.aei.org/op-eds/gas-prices-are-through-the-roof-thats-just-how-biden-wants-it/

You can find many timeline montages of the Administration positioning, attacking, blaming, then walking back their statements since Jan '21. These public statements will provide the outline for the discovery and depositions starting Jan '23.

After seeing how your very strong foregone conclusions about Sussman turned out, and your very quick deflection after the story you’ve been pushing in this space for multiple months fizzled out, I simply have a hard time trusting your ability to spot a conspiracy :wink:

Biden saying there may be a silver lining to all this — increasing interest and investment in alternative energies — is not the same as conspiring a worldwide increase of gas prices. This is not the “proof” you think it is.

@FermentedAgave While you may make me laugh sometimes, you also make me very tired. You seem to me to be so clinging, so grasping, so tightly attached to your political ideology, that you do not seem to see the contradictions in yourself. You do not seem to see how you misrepresent and manipulate information at specific points in time in order to serve your position on any issue. It seems to me that you are so identified with the political right that there is no light between that ideology and you, which makes it hard for you to present as having even an integral sensibility, in that you fail to take any other perspective.

But all of this has been said before, so I doubt it will have any impact or influence on you now. You should note that many of us keep trying with you; it would be nice to see you trying a little harder yourself, to at least show a little more fairness and balance and evenness through your perspectives and comments, a little more integrity.

While you may have sincere concerns for the poor, do you not recognize how the ideology you are consumed with does not seem to share those concerns, as evidenced for instance, by refusing to support a child tax credit that has been shown to have lifted many out of poverty? This is just one of many examples, and I’m not going to iterate more as we’ve been there, done that, many times.

You ask:

If you want an honest answer from me, what looks better to me is that the wheels of democracy and justice seem to be turning a little more energetically these days.

1 Like

Are the Democrats policies making your life and those of your community better, same as, or worse?

Better, for the most part, but far from ideal.

The ACA, Medicaid expansion, and elimination of preexisting conditions directly benefits my family. We would have been forced to declare medical bankruptcy years ago if the GOP had their way here.

Progressive policies here in Colorado tend to work very well, while conservative policies (such as TABOR) often tend to hurt the state.

Progressives created a state IUD program that cut abortions and teenage pregnancies in half.

Progressives pushed for state wide legalization of marijuana and uses the vice taxes to put more funding into our schools.

Democrats pushed for the child tax credit, which, for a short while, lifted an unprecedented number of children out of poverty.

Democrats push for sensible gun regulations that the majority of American citizens also support, despite GOP obstructionism. The left wants to do more than “thoughts and prayers” when we see our kids massacred in their schools, including mental health and public health measures.

Also, the DNC did not engage in a party-wide conspiracy to try to forcefully overturn a democratic election.

Which isn’t to say the DNC isn’t stuffed full of incompetence, cowardice, and opportunism. But as far as I can tell, the only genuine “public servants” I can see, are on the left.

We were referring to the current Democratic Administration but I do understand you might continue voting out of loyalty. And I’m glad things were not any more financially an issue (im sure it was still difficult) getting your daughter the care she needed/needs.

Glad things are going so well in Colorado. We were specifically looking at the current Administrion.

Any thoughts on Federal level Administration over last 2 years?

Not sure I get a feeling for how you see things over the last 2 years but glad you’re happy ideologically.

Like I’ve said previously, I was raised a Democrat and have spent most of my life as a Democrat. My dabble with Communism was very minimal in college. Libertarianism is my preferred thinking but it’s not so realizable. I’ve actually only voted once for a Republican Presidential candidate.
I might not be as ideologically brain washed as you state. But I definitely find little in common with and much to oppose with the Progressive Left today. And I’m not perhaps as closed/ignorant of the Far Left politics and ideologies as you might think based on having formed different conclusions than you.

You lead with Government handouts and I lead with enable development of personal agency and economic opportunities. I’m not opposed to welfare programs as part of the systemic plan just as I’m sure you’re not opposed to an economy that lifts everyone.

Any thoughts on Federal level Administration over last 2 years?

Ah, gotcha, I thought you were asking in general. Overall Biden’s agenda has been deeply compromised by having such narrow margins in the Senate, as well as two party members who have not been playing along (which comes with the territory, and wouldn’t be a problem if they were able to elect a stronger margin). However, there have been some notable accomplishments.

• I did mention the child tax credit, which lifted an unprecedented number of children out of poverty. That certainly counts, in a big way.

• I also mentioned the ACA, which is a far-from-perfect-but-far-better-than-what-we-had-before program, and which Biden expanded to 5 million more Americans.

• The bipartisan infrastructure deal was a pretty big deal.

• Unemployment dropped from 6.3% when Trump left office, to 3.6% today. 17 states are tied with or have the lowest unemployment rates in their history.

• We now have the lowest jobless rates since 1969.

• Ending the war in Afghanistan. Which did indeed end in a messy way, which I believe was made inevitable the moment we put boots on the ground more than 20 years ago (and the moment Trump made the deal to cede the territory to the Taliban.) I acknowledge Trump did the right thing overall by laying some groundwork for our withdrawal from the region, and Biden did the right thing by following through.

• Halting federal executions, after Trump reinstated them. I am against capital punishment for the reasons I mentioned above.

• I have appreciated Biden’s leadership during the Ukraine crisis – among our allies, with Ukraine, and against Putin.

• Justice Ketanji Jackson was a fantastic SC pick.

• And again, the Democratic Party is now the only major political party that did not conspire to overthrow the results of a democratic election.

Now, many/most of these also have asterisks, which I’d be happy to discuss. But by and large I see these as positive accomplishments by the Biden administration and the DNC.

1 Like

USA Today waited more than two weeks after updating the op-ed before adding an editor’s note to say that it had been updated, a practice known as “stealth editing.” PolitiFact cites the new version of Abrams’ op-ed, with the claims added after the MLB’s decision, and presents them as though she had written them before the league moved the All-Star Game, without initially noting that her piece had been updated.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/06/08/more_misleading_fact_checks_of_abramss_boycott_comments_147709.html

All in the family…

All in the family…

Family squabbles. Seems WaPow is in need of a CNN style cleansing.

‘A Clusterf*ck’: Journos at the Washington Post are Having an All-Out Civil War

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3420755/a-clusterfck-journos-at-the-washington-post-are-having-an-all-out-civil-war

You mean the hearing that proves Trump knew the election was in fact not stolen, as testified by William Barr and his own daughter, but proceeded with his plan to overthrow the election results anyway in the first non-peaceful transfer of power in our nation’s history?

Did you watch the actual hearing? Will you be watching the rest?