Information Warfare Education, Propaganda, and How to Tell the Difference

Meanwhile in crazy Arizona, if you refuse to violate the law you can’t be Republican anymore.

Leftists worshipping RINOs like a scene out of the Old Testament.

I think you made Ray’s point for him. Anyone who doesn’t bow to Trump is now a “RINO”.

I think the left is simply grateful to see a few seated Republicans remaining who don’t think Presidents should have the ability to illegally declare themselves winner of elections they objectively lost.

It’s great to be grateful. Gratitude is a wonderful feeling:

1 Like

Feelings Over Facts - Social Injustice

A police shooting in Minneapolis reveals the misplaced priorities and misguided policies of the defund-the-police Left.

False equivalence, which again proves the point.

Sinema and Manchin are criticized for not supporting the Democratic platform, and for stalling the larger Biden agenda. That is different than being pushed out of the party for not declaring total fealty to a single party leader, and being unwilling to lie about that leader’s attempted overthrow of the U.S. Constitution.

And notice the Democrats have not tried to kick these two out of their party, like the snowflake GOP does :wink:

Personally I think Sinema is as phony as it gets, comparing her campaign rhetoric to her actions since being elected. But Manchin gets unfairly scapegoated because he is about the only sort of Democrat you can expect from West Virginia, and has been green lighting all of Biden’s judicial picks.

I think you forget that Senators are intended to represent the States that elect them. This is Civics 101 stuff, just as Liz and Adam are accountable to their constituents.
Democracy may move more slowly than Leftist Progressives whail, but until they have the votes to restructure the US they will need to maintain majority rule for more than 1 cycle.

How did I forget, when I literally just made that exact point about Manchin?

just as Liz and Adam are accountable to their constituents

Ah, but what are the conditions of that accountability? There’s only one condition — total fealty to Trump. No criticism allowed. That’s the point. All it takes to be a “RINO” is criticizing Dear Leader.

Liz Cheney is a staunch conservative, and supports the overall GOP platform 95% of the time. But is it enough to vigorously support your party’s platform? Not if you are willing to criticize Trump, it’s not. That is now the one and only factor that determines whether or not you are a “RINO”.

Which means, in today’s world, if you care enough about the Constitution to protect it from wannabe despots who would try to illegally overthrow our democratic elections, you are now a “RINO”.

If you are a Democrat, you are allowed to criticize Biden.

If you are a Republican, you are not allowed to criticize Trump, and in fact will be ejected from the party if you do.

Your assessment of Sinema is a bit trivial and convenient. Did it occur to you that Sinema might be representing Arizonians in her voting?

The people that elect them? LOL

Sinema crafted a particular image during her campaign that won her support among the Arizonians that put her into office. And now those same Arizonians who put her into office are criticizing her and holding her accountable to her campaign rhetoric. This is basic stuff. Civics 101, you might say.

The people that elect them? LOL

I like how you keep trying to avoid admitting the obvious truth. The condition is, you cannot criticize Trump for any reason. Including his attempt to trample the same Constitution his voters pretend to care so deeply about.

It’s the usual GOP play — never apologize, always double down.

I know for the Leftists it’s hard to fathom a Senator trying to represent the entirety of the state. You seemingly are locked into the classic Progressive mental jail of Oppression/Victimhood.

As someone with such a global/universal/high altitude perspective, I’m surprised you don’t look for the developmental aspects in Sinema trying to represent all Arizonians, even those that don’t have radical agendas. Just a thought.

Huh? I cannot vote (legally that is, and I only vote legally myself) in Wyoming nor Illinois so not really anything directly I can do to impact Liz or Adam. Again, if the fine people of Wyoming love Liz’s “Classic Conservative Values”, then I’m sure they will reelect her and she can continue doing what she does. Likewise for Adam. Same for Sinema and Manchin when they are up next.

Until 2024 election rolls around, there really isn’t much I can do specifically regarding Trump.

Your favorite party controls the House, Senate, AND White House. The White House is implementing all agency DIE, Zero Carbon, and Abortion initiatives AT ANY AND ALL COSTS. No price to pay is too high for Americans to pay - the bright glow of the Collectivist Noosphere is rising! Doesn’t this make you ecstatic? Why concern yourself with losers, has beens and knuckling dragging people that don’t know any better.

This is funny. So you are telling me that conservative Senators are trying to serve “entirety of their state”, including the progressives?

How about the governors? Desantis won Florida by a very low margin — lower, in fact, than the total number of people who died of Covid in that state. Would you say he is trying to govern from the middle, taking progressive views into account for his decisions?

What about the contraception bill, which 94% of Republicans voted against in the house? Do you think the GOP representatives will vote according to their constituencies, including progressives?

How about McConnell stealing Obama’s Supreme Court pick, almost a full year before the elections — before turning around and forcing Trump’s SC pick two weeks before the election? It seems you have some shifting standards when it comes to your expectations from the right and the left.

Which is a fairly tired routine these days — The right says “I demand you meet me in the middle”. The left takes a step forward, and the right takes a step back. “I demand you meet me in the middle.” The left takes a step forward, the right takes a step back. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Point is, you are only a “real” Republican these days if you swear total fealty to Trump and avoid criticizing him, or even saying “maybe Presidents shouldn’t explicitly try to overthrow the Constitution of the United States.”

But overall, I take your point — as I’ve said numerous times, the GOP is stuck between a rock and a Trump place. They absolutely cannot go against the die-hard MAGA nuts in their own party who will never tolerate any negative criticism of Dear Leader — because if they do, they cannot maintain or grow their power.

there really isn’t much I can do specifically regarding Trump.

Sure you can. You can let your representatives know that you will not tolerate these attacks on our Constitution, and that anyone who tries to overthrow the government should be held accountable, even if they are on your own team. Such political courage is rare these days over on that side of the aisle. Because of course it is — all of a sudden, members of Trump’s own hand-picked administration are now being called “RINOS” for daring to testify against his attempted dismantling of our Constitution.

Why concern yourself with losers, has beens and knuckling dragging people that don’t know any better.

Because if we do not hold people who try to overthrow our Constitution to account, then it will 100% happen again. Except next time it will succeed.

No price to pay is too high for Americans to pay - the bright glow of the Collectivist Noosphere is rising

More hyperbole and straw men.

By the way, as an aside, I mentioned a couple weeks ago that this will now be a members-only community. We are still figuring out the programming on the back end that will deactivate non-member accounts — but assuming you won’t be signing up for membership any time soon, you should know that your account may be deactivated soon. I don’t want to delete it altogether, in case you do decide to become a member at some point in the future, but wanted to give you a heads up.

Why do you keep focusing on crushing the losers in the loser states? Try having compassion for those at lower developmental levels and they might grow forth.
Bask in the glow of the unfolding nirvana the utopia for everyone.

Then he won’t get reelected since it was all Qanon Anti-science Anti-vaxers killed. Problem solved, right?

And did you not see KJB fly thru senate approval?
Has anyone threatened her in her home, doxxed and stalked her children?
No one has lynched her, or apparently held her back from achieving the absolute pinnacle legal success. Is there any positive in the world?

Almost like crossing the Identity Marxist faction in the DNC. Everyone has many masters and even more frenemies.
Isn’t clearing this up the promise of the Great Simplification you espouse?

My God Corey. The entirety of the Swamp, DNC, and Globalist Elite are doing everything in their power to destroy Trump. Their Antifa and BLM foot soldiers are destroying people and cities in revenge.
What more accountability do you want? You want a public street execution with Pelosi and Hillary gleefully cackling as they drag his body down Pennsylvania Ave with rainbow haired transsexuals spitting on his bloody corpse?

Tell working Americans that what they are going thru is hyperbole and that they’re just strawman.

Thanks Corey. It’s been fun and enlightening.

Hey, It’s the NYT’s, a centuries old stalwart bastion of journalistic integrity, so it’s got to be true.

“I Was Wrong About Trump Voters,” Stephens asked, “What were they seeing that I wasn’t?”

“That ought to have been the first question to ask myself. When I looked at Trump, I saw a bigoted blowhard making one ignorant argument after another,” he wrote “What Trump’s supporters saw was a candidate whose entire being was a proudly raised middle finger at a self-satisfied elite that had produced a failing status quo.”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/07/22/nyt-columnist-admits-he-was-wrong-about-trump-supporters-gets-eaten-alive-on-twitter-1264490/

I saw that candidate too. Except his name was Bernie Sanders :slight_smile:

I continue to think it’s exceptionally odd that so many fell so easily into Donald’s reality distortion field, causing them to believe that a braggadocios billionaire reality TV star from New York City, who staffed his entire campaign team with criminals, and who put plutocrats in charge of regulating their own industries, was some kind of working class messiah. Even after running up the deficit with his tax cuts for the rich.

Meanwhile, there seems to be a new working class movement on the left that is rekindling America’s love affair with workers unions, which is one of the only tried-and-true strategies to actually improve the quality of life and economic mobility for the average American. I hope the Democratic Party follows this lead, as they should have been doing for decades.

Thanks Corey. It’s been fun and enlightening.

Hey, I hope you do become a member one day and come back to the community. As I’ve said to you several times in the past, I quite enjoy our little sparring contests. It’s always good to stir the pot.

Most thought Bernie was a shoe-in for the DNC nomination. There was slim but not insignificant chance that I would have voted for him. But alas, it wasn’t to be seemingly for lack of DNC establishment support.

It wasn’t due to DNC establishment meddling — don’t get me wrong, they were definitely freaking out about a possible Bernie win — he simply did not get enough votes. It’s a shame he didn’t do as well in 2020 as he did in 2016. Interesting enough, it’s largely because black democrats didn’t go for him.

But considering how the most extreme wing of the left was pushing so hard for him, I suppose there was some consolation that a moderate like Biden ended up winning more votes, proving that the DNC has not gone full-tilt toward the extreme. I would have preferred Bernie for sure, but really I was hoping for Warren, because I thought she had a better chance of actually working with moderates on both sides of the aisle to get much-needed reforms passed that would benefit the working and middle class.

One possible scenario I could see for 2024 — Trump runs on the right, Liz Cheney runs as an independent in order to spoil his chances, and someone like Buttigieg wins the nom for the left… and then chooses Liz Cheney as a running mate in a historic bipartisan ticket :wink:

I could get behind the Lincolnian “team of rivals” thing, re-establishing the notion of loyal opposition between our major parties, though I disagree with the majority of Cheney’s positions.

Why so focused on countering Trump when he is headed to prison or the electric chair? Also the Left has such a powerful compelling agenda and an amazing 2021/2022 untainted, unfettered by Right legacy to lean on.