Obtaining Permission for using IT diagrams

Hello,
I hope this is not too off-topic for this channel.

I wish to include a couple diagrams (AQAL and simplified 4-quadrants models) in a book I am writing. (It is a spiritual memoir about my transition up the spiral). I am having a difficult time figuring out who and where to ask for permission. I cannot find an appropriate contact mechanism (e.g. a form or email address) for contacting the Integral Institute or Ken Wilber himself (his website KenWilber.com is Flash-based and doesn’t work on my phone or laptop).

I would be grateful for anyone who has advice on how to go about this or if it is even necessary. I am wondering if it would classify as fair-use, perhaps under the category of “teaching”. The following quote is from Copyright .gov: “Section 107 of the Copyright Act provides the statutory framework for determining whether something is a fair use and identifies certain types of uses—such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research”

I came across one of Ken Wilber’s papers, “Introduction to the Integral Approach (and the AQAL Map)” which is Copyrighted 2006, All Rights Reserved. That’s pretty much all I have to go on right now.

Thank you,
Ash

Hi Ash, feel free to send me an email with the graphics you would like to use, and I will see if I can get permissions for you.

corey (at) integrallife (dot) com.