Progress in neuromodulation to facilitate meditative states

Here are a couple of presentations from the 2018 Transformative Technology conference that describe some intriguing progress in neuromodulation to facilitate meditative states. Participants like Shinzen Young and John Yates (Chuladasa) report that these techniques can bring them to deep states of meditation in a fairly short period of time. There’s still plenty of work to be done, but it looks like the research is picking up steam:

Jay Sanguinetti – Ultrasound:

Sanjay Manchanda – Infrared:

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this @kartik_subbarao. I’ve tried to meditate but failed miserably. I even did a introductory course in meditation and went to a kundalini group. Nothing. I can’t be hypnotised. Some form of assistance is clearly warranted. #infinitelove.

Late in my comment @kartik_subbarao. I’ve been working with Shinzen Young for years. Having tried this technology, it’s the first one he’s ever been excited about. Personally, while I understand the desire for support in our meditation practice, I am also deeply cautious about potential side effects, dark sides etc.

1 Like

@msalter I can appreciate that as this technology becomes more powerful, that power will be able to be expressed in a variety of ways, including dark and unhealthy ones. But I tend to be optimistic about the potential for these fields of research/technology to demystify some of our current fragmentary knowledge, provide us with a more holistic view of ourselves, and help improve our wellbeing. Only time will tell :slight_smile: