Shadows in the False Light

What are people’s opinions about purposefully being people’s shadows? This is what I’ve been doing for a long time and in the past few months very deliberately, whereas before it was half conscious, half unconscious - also before I was aware I was doing it but couldn’t actually deliberately stop doing it - it was a big part of my personality really. Here is a poem I wrote about it, partly also in relation to another person, a good friend, who was also shadows of mine at times, I believe purposefully, but perhaps it was partly unconsciously for him as well…

I used to think it was very helpful for people to learn as much as possible abiut shadows, even in this covert way… I don’t think it’s a healthy thing anymore. I did used to think it helpful for everyone because it can help people grow so much. But now I think it isn’t worth people feeling such negative emotions and maybe even getting negative karma from shadowboxing… I think this might be a Turqoise trait of showing people greater glimpses of their entire selves, and removing the veil for them into greater awareness, because this can be gained from greater Wholeness of one’s being, I think. I’d be interested in people’s thoughts on this. I feel I’ve gained a lot of insight in the past few months around this topic <3 and would be happy to discuss and share them.

Shadows in the False Light

Shadows are drawn
In the light.
They take to being found out,
Pulled down,
Because they’re there to show us something.
Selfless creatures,
They arrive and depart,
Hoping we’ve been expanded.

1 Like

Thanks @Julia248 for sharing. Someone shared this recently on my FaceBook Blog …

Maybe it’s time we realize that everything is not broken? Everything is part of this magical/miraculous-machine/system called Life … we are consciously living with it … and within it … and it’s within us.

As we dance with life … we imagine we have control of our individual selves. Yet every next rung, climbing the spiritual ladder, brings the next big thing. As things get bigger and bigger we get smaller and smaller. As we change on the inside our outside world changes with us. There is no real control in life there is only the dance, the improvisation.

Let life lead the arrangement. In whatever key or time-signature you encounter flow with the arrangement. Make the best contribution to optimize the composition, the whole of it, it’s every turn and nuance is life itself. Everything is a part of us and we define ourselves by our contributions to the whole of it.

This is the spiritual quest journey … it’s called life … and we all play our part. Let’s play well.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, Executive. This is lovely and beautifully written, in my opinion :slightly_smiling_face: I like the musical metaphor and the playing of life in regards to music

1 Like

We can sing tragedies, we can sing oratorios or reggae. People can harmonise punk with a relaxed jazz ensemble, a tragedy with a happy piece :yellow_heart::v: