Symbiotic Culture - is it Integral?

Yesterday I had a 3 hour Zoom conversation with Richard Flyer about his thinking on Symbiotic Culture. As far as I can tell, it was the most second-tier conversation ever, because Richard and I were up and down the altitudes all afternoon long (fun fact: Richard met Don Beck in person back in the day). Anyway, from my point of view, Richard’s movement looks practical integral to me. I’d love to have others check it out and see what they have to say about it.

Thanks. So here is a question that came up in our conversation. One of Richard’s main examples of community building is the Sarvodaya movement.

https://www.sarvodaya.org/

But the villagers working in these communities are not quoting integral theory or framing their actions with respect to quadrants or altitudes. Is there such a thing as performative or practical integral? If so, what would it be?

This is my first time posting and joining the community. With just a surface glance and guess and what is being done, my stab at it is that the villagers mat be able to make a healthy contribution to development of the whole in a way that someone or a group at an integral or beyond level would design and manage without needing be integral themselves.

I see this as the beauty and genius of what integral can bring to the table.

Thanks for the reply! I tend to agree that there is an integral way of being, reflected in integral theory, but not necessarily including being aware of integral theory. Integral theories of all kinds (not just Ken Wilber’s) date back maybe to the late 19th century. But it would be hard to argue that no previous humans before that embodied integral values or an integral approach.