The Koan of Chronic Illness: A Father's Story

Originally published at: https://integrallife.com/the-koan-of-chronic-illness-a-fathers-story/

Corey deVos talks to Lynn Fuentes about his daughter’s Biliary Atresia diagnosis when she was just a few months old, her subsequent liver transplant a year later, and her ongoing recovery today. Corey also shares some of the little wisdoms that have ripened for him during his family’s journey. It was a fantastic and very touching interview, and we invite you all to check it out.

2 Likes

Thank you Lynn & Cory. I was deeply touched and grateful for your interview. Both of you articulating with wisdom and compassion your often painful journey, while still being present to beauty and gratitude. Though I’ve not had the experience of a chronically ill child I could relate to the grief you both expressed you have had to endure. Strangely your interview has given a great sense of relief, like a breath I’ve been holding a long time and could finally release. I hug your humanity and mine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words @Angelika_Ouellette. It has been quite a journey, and it is rewarding to know that Evie’s story can generate some small degree of liberation or spaciousness within your own heart. Lord knows it ain’t easy talking about these things. :slight_smile:

Big Love to you!

1 Like

I’m so glad you had that response, Angelika. It makes me feel seen. Hugs to you.

1 Like