Toward a radical, non-dual, meta-Lexicon

First additions to The New Curmudgeon’s Lexicon of Terms to be Retired as Bankrupt, Pretentious and/or Meaningless Due to Overuse:

non-dual - There is no such thing, never has been.

meta - More comprehensive than comprehensive (and we’re the ones with our fingers on the pulse)

radical - Kinda in the same vein as “meta,” implies that whatever you had before, well now we’ve got a steroid-enhanced version.

Keeping in mind that old saw, “No matter what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously,” feel free…

“Lexicon” A fancy way to say “words” :slight_smile:

Seriously though I wanted to make separate post of this but it will fit in well here:

In academic exposition (Orange) hyperbole is just dead wrong. Big red marks from tbe teacher.
Words like “Obviously” are an opinion of the author and only have a place in editorial not in exposition.
In this vein, drawing any factual conclusions from editorial are also just wrong except for the conclusion “opinions were expressed”. What i see is many people begin in editorial then try to make a factual conclusion from those opinions. Again, this would have resulted in a big red “re-do” written on any undergraduate paper in any university worth attending prior to 1990.

ESP and other logical fallacies are other crimes against academic writing i see regularly.
This doesnt mean never do these things. In the previous sentence I used hyperbole intentionally for humor, not out of sheer sloppiness or ignorance of basic undergraduate writing.

Discarding Orange rules may be done Integrally, but more often than not what i see is just bad Green attempting to win over an audience emotionally and get them on the bandwagon. Integral knows how to formulate and support a point in Orange, and considers all impacts on a wide range if potential audience before breaking the rules.

Others:
Statement of ideology or indoctrination as fact, esp surrounding white male guilt. Economic theories stated as fact or any theory or hypothesis taken on as fact.
Naivete: “Independent” or “neutral” or “unbiased” sources of information. ALL information has bias and is dependent on funding. Teal writing looks for and recognizes inherent bias and does not have any “sacred cows”.