In this episode of the Shrink and the Pundit, Dr. Keith Witt and Jeff discuss a powerful realization emerging at the leading edge of culture regarding the role of trauma in our lives. Dr. Keith is writing a book on the subject and has mined various psychotherapeutic modalities to create an integral approach to using trauma as a portal to health and higher consciousness.
In this wide-ranging conversation we address:
- Trauma and resilience as forms of memory
- The differences – and similarities – between ongoing trauma and “major event” traumas such as accidents, violence and illness
- Trauma through human history
- Sensitive vs sensitized: the healthy and unhealthy poles of postmodern consciousness
- What child-centered parenting misses
- The biological drive to have a spiritually-awakened brain
- Updating your autobiographical narratives
- Trauma and the self-transforming mind.