Unlocking the Power of Meditation

Originally published at: https://integrallife.com/unlocking-the-power-of-meditation/

Craig Hamilton offers a brief summary of three common mistakes we all make in meditation.

Im very new to this community.

Im seeking some understanding on an experience I just had. I have had many experiences that you could call ‘mystical’ or religious or spiritual.

I was meditating (have been for 5 years now) and this was new. I have had tears, strong emotions, vision, terror, deep pleasure but this was different.

It was like I was in and out of different dream realms which was nice and thennnn this diamond shaped pure white light took all my attention and started flipping like a 3D shape. My whole body started shaking and my heart rate skyrocketed. It felt like a brand new emotion and Iv felt some incredibly deep love maybe this was a deeper love?

Some integral spiritual intelligence would be awesome here to help me here.

It sounds to me like you went into a subtle then causal state. My experiences with these states are they are very personal and profound. I would recommend you find someone to work with. I found people with transpersonal psychology backgrounds were the most helpful but I think there are many different approaches to working with these states, so I would suggest explore and find what feels right to you.

Amazing, thank you Michelle, thank you for taking the time to reply. I will begin to look for someone to help