What’s on your to-read list for 2023, and your best read from 2022?

I am completing my 2022 study books and setting up my 2023 reads. In addition to the daily spiritual studies and wisdom literature, including, of course Ken Wilber, I’ve been very interested this past year in geopolitics and demographics (lots of Peter Zeihan and the like), community dynamics as I’ve been interested in the economics of small communities in the shifting and aging demographics of the country and world, and education, and always economics, 21st century management and business, brain/mind science and for guilty pleasure, mysteries.

I’ve been wondering what an integral-dominant culture might look like. I’ve never been a sci-fi reader, but it occurs to me that for future possibilities it may be the best reading choice!

My own to-read pile includes Harari “21 Lessons for the 21st Century,” Vaclav Smil “How the World Really Works” , Rana Foroohar “Homecoming”, Christopher Leonard “The Lords of Easy Money” to name a few. I am also catching up on the myriad of classics I’ve missed, at the moment I’m delving into Emerson.

Wishing you a happy and integral 2023.

I’ve had the same thoughts about science fiction, but so much of it is entrenched in traditional and modern stages. Does anyone have suggestions for Tier 2 themes?
Gary

I don’t know if it could technically be counted as “tier 2”, but if you watched and enjoyed the film Everything Everywhere All At Once, I highly recommend you check out Anathem by Neil Stephenson. One of my all time favorite science fiction books :slight_smile:

One book just appeared on my mind when reading this post: without any analysis.
Barjavel - La nuit des temps.
It is sci-fi, it is about humanity, it is a love story during a momentous leap of consciousness.
I read it in my teens… I should re read it before recoomending… I know.
I would just like to write here the last word of the book, but it would be a spoiler!

Also not sure if technically tier 2, but excellent and explore many deep themes, and progress through many developmental levels- Parable of the Sower and the sequel Parable of the Trickster, by Octavia Butler
The Left Hand of Darkness and The Dispossessed, by Ursula K. Le Guinn also really good and deal with complex themes, in Ursula’s books society and culture are usually major themes.