Beauty, All Around

Alex Grey on Nature Mysticism - YouTube

3 Likes

For Terry Patten, who I’m pretty sure understood this poem by the 14th century Persian poet Hafiz. (Translation by Daniel Ladinsky) RIP, Terry.

DEEPENING THE WONDER

Death is a favor to us,
but our scales have lost their balance.

The impermanence of the body
should give us great clarity,
deepening the wonder in our senses and eyes

of this mysterious existence we share
and are surely just traveling through.

If I were in the Tavern tonight,
Hafiz would call for drinks

and as the Master poured, I would be reminded
that all I know of life and myself is that

we are just a midair flight of golden wine
between His pitcher and His cup.

If I were in the Tavern tonight,
I would buy freely for everyone in this world

because our marriage with the Cruel Beauty
of time and space cannot endure very long.

Death is a favor to us,
but our minds have lost their balance.

The miraculous existence and impermanence of
Form
always makes the illumined ones
laugh and sing.

7 Likes

Thanks LaWanna. So sensitive and uplifting. The best moments in life are in sharing wholeness and wonder from the heart. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this LaWanna. Death is surely the cup that holds the precious life we sip in each moment. Beautiful!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC_x6aWwSNQ

World Healing/Unity Chant from the Rig Veda, Hindu scriptures around 3500 years old. (11 minutes) Agni, the fire god, is beseeched to “bring us all treasures.” Inspirational, aspirational. Simply pretty.

1 Like

Pretty! Love how the clouds are fanning out, like rays of a starburst.

2 Likes

I followed the breadcrumbs from the youtube video channel.

Names that popped up for are Alex Grey and Allyson Grey and The Chapel of Sacred Mirrors.

https://www.cosm.org/entheon

2 Likes

Glad you got more introduction to the Greys, in case you weren’t too familiar. Regardless, thank you so much for posting all of this; I hope it is widely viewed. Of course, I’m prejudiced; I love Alex Grey’s work, it communicates so much meaning. Both baroque and as spare and raw as a tremulous nerve, with so many pieces encapsulating past, present and future all at once–what’s not to like? Beautiful!

There’s a nice Alex Grey spoken meditation you guys might enjoy in the first part of my Sutras mix, here:

2 Likes

Soothing voice, Alex Grey, well all of them actually, and an overall creative enjoyable mix.

For those who celebrate or appreciate… Queen - Thank God It's Christmas (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube

Mixing it up–religions, cultures, musical genres, languages. Jesus on the Mainline is a traditional African-American song that has been performed by many people, including a great Ry Cooder version and an Aerosmith abbreviated version.

More mixing it up–Sanskrit chanting and Latin/Christianity.

1 Like

Kinda feeling the beauty of this today:

I’ll throw an oldie on the wagon…

This is so cool.

1 Like

“This slice of the vast universe covers a patch of sky approximately the size of a grain of sand held at arm’s length by someone on the ground.” (Yet contains hundreds if not thousands of galaxies.) More images tomorrow from the Webb Telescope that takes us back in time to right after the Big Bang.

2 Likes