Information Warfare Education, Propaganda, and How to Tell the Difference

Absolutely agree that there is Misinformation out in the world. How do we combat this deadly impact of Misinformation?

Was this Education, Fact, or Misinformation?

And…

“ How do we combat this deadly impact of Misinformation?”

I’d suggest abandoning media sources with mixed records of truth-telling, and stop electing anti-intellectual politicians who lie to their constituents about stolen elections and vaccinations while embracing internet conspiracy theories and rejecting critical thinking skills. (Or at least be willing to call them out when they do lie to you, and demand that they stop.)

“Was this Education, Fact, or Misinformation?”

Which part? Not sure what you are asking.

I wouldn’t bank my “truth” on WaPo, but that’s just my personal estimation.
Could we add dementia and low IQ as disqualifiers as well?

It would be a breath of fresh air to have high IQ accomplished social activist organizers in every leadership position.

No source is perfect, but some are better than others. For example Washington Post has a higher record of truth-telling than the Washington Examiner, which you previously linked to above. But of course we should be using multiple high-quality sources when rethinking our views.

“ Could we add dementia and low IQ as disqualifiers as well?”

Well, there go Biden and Trump! Sounds fine enough to me :slight_smile:

Should we add as a requirement proven multi systemic leadership experience?

Hello,

Who is “FermentedAgave?” Why is antagonism a preferred modality of communication for you? I wonder why you are so vibrant in your engagement yet chose to remain behind the curtain in other aspects of being? I enjoy fermented agave but not the product you’re selling… haha
Is there a wizard behind that curtain or…

Best regards,
Brian Lee Downey

The problem here is you are only focusing on requirements based on your political bias and with a short-sighted thinking.

Democrats would LOVE LOVE LOVE to implement some kind of cognitive means test right about now for anyone elected in 2024. They could get rid of Trump AND Biden in one piece of legislation.
You know Trump is far worse than Biden at putting a coherent sentence together, aren’t you? Just listen to any Trump Speech for 5 minutes and it’s obvious he never was the sharpest tol in the box even in his 20’s and now we can add in an aging brain.

So this whole thing you have about Biden and his congition - yeah, old people start to lose their cognitive facuties. If they start out pretty smart and an A student like Biden, yes their performance is lower but still acceptable. If you take a student who had to pay people so he could pass with C’s and D’s like Trump in his 20’s - with his aging brain we have a complete and utter disaster.

So yes, it would be funny if we actually had requirements for the Office of President like an IQ test, an actual review of their resume with automatic disqualifiacations for factual inaccuracies (just as you would not be hired if your potential employer discovered a lie on your resume). It would be hilarious if Republicans actually passed such a law. Oh, and how about an Audit of all their financial transactions over the past 10 years? And access to any and all IRS audit records and findings?

But we know Republicans as well as you are just full of a bunch of hot air. You just want to complain about something while completely ignoring your candidate is 100 times worse.

Yes, yes, yes - give us mandatory administrative reviews and audits of all incomgin Presidents before election day.

Just a cut and paste shill to be honest.
I have yet to read anything that is more than an inch deep. It’s mostly just cut and paste from gutter press.
His posts remind me of Craigslist US political discussion forums around 2002, or the typical predictable posts you see responding on FOX News discussions. Practically zero actual insight or original thinking.

Reposting in case you missed it first time around…

Nonsense. Absolute bollocks. You are in no way Libertarian.

What part of wanting the government to regulate social media is a Libertarian concept? What part of government intervention to impose Christian ideology is Libertarian?
I could go on - but if you missed it the first dozen times I said it - you are neither economically Conservative nor socially Liberal by even a cursory glance at the ideas you’ve posted on here hundreds of times.
Libertarian means you want less government control of both the economy and social practices. Stated simply in a single sentence - Libertarian means Economically Conservative and Socially Liberal.
Either you do not know what Libertarian means - or you are under some kind of severe self delusion where you don’t even realize what you are saying disagrees with values you claim to have.

Dr. Horne is a Race and Inequality expert. I didn’t find his tweets particularly ground breaking.

Here’s a good one:

Fake News? Liberal Rag?
Evil Unicorn concocted by the Left?
DNC Regression into Madness?
Marxist Ideology?

Or just my plain old wisdom and facts that I’ve been talking about in the prepper community coming true? The basis of the Republican Food Chain is becoming increasingly unhealthy due to the very policies they support. Their hope to rely on hunting as a means of nutrition increasingly has serious health consequences due to policies of deregulation they vote for.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/hunting/maine-issues-deer-consumption-advisory/

Again - I’ve been seeing this for over 20 years now when I decided to move to a Blue State and every year more and more of what I saw then is becoming reality.

Here is another “Liberal Rag” - Web MD that explains why PFAS are harmful.

Jeez @raybennett
You know better than what you’ve just stated and I even told you “If we had a pluralistic party system”.
How is no longer willing to let anti Christian whackos attack Christianity without debate an any way “imposing” anything on others?
I do find it comical and yes an aperspectival madness to try and destroy that which has built our society and nation then want to treble down on zealous demand for some Marxist-based “State Spirituality” because all the Lefties are going mad. If it didn’t destroy so many people the Libertarian in me would tell you to keep driving yourselves cra-cra. Worship Identity Racism, Climate change, Sexuality or whatever the hell you want to worship but it’s looking like encroaching on others with Identity Marxism is driveling out same as gonorrhea in the 70’s.

I do find your continual attacks on my “lack of ideological purity” to Conservative or Liberal or Libertarian or Christian ideals that you contain in your noggin as very weak stuff. All very sophomoric Leftist Fantasy vs Real World tactics dare I say straight out of the Marxist Critical Theory playbook.

Keep up the denial. Maybe if you attack other corey enough and others in Integral enough as Marxists or whatever - it might just make you believe yourself. I don’t think it will happen that way, but whatever. If I’m Sophmoric then you are just plain kindergarten. Your posts are just calling everyone names with words you don’t actually understand like kindergarteners do.

“Marxist Critical Theory Playbook” - your response to everything and everyone who disagrees with you on every topic and from every point of view.

Dr. Horne is a Race and Inequality expert. I didn’t find his tweets particularly ground breaking.

Oh no. Both race and inequality? Clearly we can disregard everything he says. Everyone knows we got over all that stuff shortly after the civil war.

How is no longer allowing Christian whackos to attack non-believers, impose their moral codes on them, ban books from schools, and explicitly reject critical thinking without debate an any way “imposing” anything on others? I thought we liked free speech!

Think abortion is immoral? Then don’t get one, and understand that the majority of Americans disagree with your moral reasoning. That would be one example of a libertarian stance on social issues.

Think your values represent the majority of Americans? Then let them compete fairly in the marketplace of ideas, rather than rigging the system through the most aggressive gerrymandering in history, stolen Supreme Court seats, restrictions of voting rights, etc. End the affirmative action program for conservatives!

Think we need to combat disinformation? Then figure out why it is that so many Trump supporters have been brainwashed by disinformation that causes them to refuse to get vaccinated, wear masks, or observe basic safety protocols, dying 5-6x more frequently than Biden counties while putting the rest of the public at risk. Tell the disinformation propagandists to stop encouraging mass suicide in order to “own the libtards”. Believe it or not, as much of an evil Marxist as you’ve clearly made me out to be, I still don’t want those people to die, or for their kids to grow up without parents, even though I may disagree with their political views. And maybe also try to understand why, when someone like Trump and the entire rest of the GOP continues to lie about a “stolen election”, this deliberately cynical misinformation will inevitably lead to violence, such as we saw on January 6th.

Think we have a “deep state” that needs to be dismantled and replaced with more populist structures? Then stop the constant plutocratic regulatory capture that only benefits massive corporations and putting people like Scott Pruitt in charge of things like the EPA.

Think we should add “dementia and low IQ” as barriers to office? Then stop electing people like Trump. Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Greene, and Cawthorn Madison to office – or at least be wiling to publicly criticize them when they say and do crazy/stupid things instead of the usual “never apologize, always double down” tactics.

Again, this is supposed to be a space for careful, multi-perspectival, post-ideological discussion. But time and time again, you reduce the discussion to a binary, black-and-white, “us vs. them” narrative where the left is entirely evil, and the right is entirely off the hook (or at least enough for the ends to justify the means). If we cannot talk in good faith about the virtues of both progressive and conservative political philosophy, while also discussing the dangers of extremism on both sides and the plutocratic hijacking of our institutions and major political social holons, then you may be in the wrong space and may want to think about posting elsewhere.

@corey-devos Did I say anything to discredit his work? I did look to see I his academic work might be interesting . His tweets were not earth shatteringly insightful in my opinion, but more another voice saying things the Left says.

Corey, there has been significant debate on Critical Race Theory. Enough debate for the American public to understand its impact and consequences and form somewhat informed opinions… This understanding has made it out of the Frankfurt School, out of the Social Activist Academy, out of Leftist strategists, out of government agencies, out of activist teacher unions and broadly into public view. The debate on Critical Theory is actively being discussed in all levels of our legislative bodies and many court rooms.

And yes, I understand that Critical Race Theory, as a specific example, attempts to work through multiple Zones and Quadrants. Question is if it’s legal, moral, and acceptable.

Abortion isn’t the issue. The Regressives have won the "viability " argument . Now there is a reopening of discussion on what viability means. 6 weeks in Texas, 15 weeks in Miss, as the baby emerges from the mother in NY, Cali, and others. This is also broadly being discussed in public forums, legislative bodies, courts, and gov agencies at all levels. I havent heard of say Oxford MS, Austin TX or any abortion mills having “mostly peaceful” protests but more heated passionate discussions. System is churning away on this.

Is affirmative action a Constitutional Right or policies that may be changing? Who is actively promoting ending affirmative action? Or are you being melodramatic that CRT might now fly?

Who uses the “Libtard” term. I haven’t heard it in my world or world of media in perhaps 2 years? Please provide a link.

We’ve discussed Boebart already. I think her comment regarding Omar was inappropriate. My understanding is that she apologized both publicly and directly Omar. Given her comment in context with the heat coming from The Squad and MSM, and their refusal to apologize for anything I think she’s set a behavioral example the Democrats might consider emulating.
Greene is elected by GA voters. Shes said some cray shit, but I can’t do anything about her. Maybe Abrams can push Greene out of office for justice.
I will have to look up Madison. Never heard of them before nor the religious affront they may have committed against the Leftist Orthodoxy.
I don’t know what discussions of merit happen here covering “both sides” of extremism. We keep hearing about White Supremists, Racism and the occasional Nazi inference, but it always seems to only be in reaction to a political or media setback for the Left. Meanwhile we can’t fly to Portland, San Fran, or Minneapolis to stay in old historic hotels (kind of my gig). Last I checked Austin and Oxford had no issues. Nor Florida or most states governed by ignorant misinformed knuckle dragging mythic literal Republicans.

@corey-devos I personally see much on the Right that’s highly Integral, growth oriented and much more inclusive and empowering in many ways than the Regressive agenda. Other than the occasional “those Oranges can get shit done” passing comments, the vast majority of any Right Integral characteristics and actions is seemingly completely lost and washed out by the PTSD Trump flare ups.
Likewise most of the theories and strategies of IT do consistently line up with Neo/Post Marxism - collective over individual, everything is psychological and sociological, what exists sucks and must be altered apparently beyond current recognition.

Don’t have much time l right now, but wanted to say I actually sort of agree (with caveats, I don’t see a lot of evidence of green views/values on the right currently, so I couldn’t quite call them “integral”) — problem is, those folks tend to be among the intellectuals of the right, and they have little control or influence over the GOP as a social holon, or the anti-intellectual internet conspiracies flowing from the electorate that have captured that social holon. It’s the point I’ve been trying to make this whole time — that we need worldcentric conservatives today more than ever, but they have been almost entirely driven from the party by Trumpists. I admire the conservatives who are brave enough to criticize their preferred party (as David Brooks does above) and who can admit how much damage Trump and the personality cult that follows in his wake have done to the party, and to the republic itself. The most immediate evidence of which, I think, is the 500-600% higher death rate among Trump voters.

How much of Obama’s support would you consider as “personality cult”? How about Bill Clinton’s? Reagan’s?

Only 3 uses of Trump’s name. Perhaps your TDS-based PTSD is subsiding. :slight_smile:

If there was any acknowledgement of Integral Right, I must have missed it. LOL Take care.