Integral Life Practice Group Discussion Thread

Hey Jim, this seems odd – just to be sure, are you returning to the actual practice session page, and then clicking the “Join this session” link from that page?

I ask, because Google is also adding an erroneous “Google Meet” link when people are adding to their Google calendars, which will not work since we are using Zoom. So just to be 100% sure, make sure you are going to the actual session page here on Integral Life, and then click the Zoom link from there.

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much for getting back to me Corey.
First time I don’t remember,but last 2 I definitely hit the banner bar at the bottom of your page.
Last time it said host was in another meeting, so may have not been closed from previous practice?
I had a great practice with lee and also Ennegram 5, so all is well today.
Thank you,
God bless
JB

Hello @jabruns, I had the same experience specifically with the GUS session (probably the same one). Tried it once, waited 20 minutes, but then didn’t try again the next week. Since all the practices seem to be run from the same practice room on Zoom, maybe someone was using the Integral Life Zoom account for an unrelated activity? I have heard from other people that they also had problems accessing sessions, but I don’t remember if it was because “host is in another meeting” or “please wait, the host will let you in soon”.

It just happened again! Was trying to join Jogen’s session on No Hindrance: Addressing Emotional and Spiritual Bypassing. It said “Host has another meeting in progress” from 10 to the hour to 5 past the hour, giving up…

Hi Amoroma,

And that was using this link here, from the session page?

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2683191645

I just checked on the session, and it seems to be running fine. I want to figure out why you keep having this issue!

Hi Corey, thanks for checking back! Yes, that’s exactly the link I used. I know because I memorized the last three digits (645) and tried to access both from the “Join this session” multicolored bar at the bottom and from the button provided in the event description (both went to this link). I stopped trying at 5 past the hour because that’s supposedly when groups close anyway for latecomers. I’ll be happy to keep trying and let you know, it would be great if we could figure it out together - I know I’m not the only one who has this problem. Should I send you a personal message when it next happens?

jabruns

3d

Can’t get in again.15 minute wait…
Ty
Jim
Bruns
Maybe I can learn patience.

Excellent centering prayer session with Charlie today, as always. Would love for this to be weekly!

What is it about the “why” of each project that you want to accomplish them? If you are motivated by the end result and the joy of having the result(s) the tasks are part of the joy. Maybe you don’t want to write a book or learn programming…

@sheekus I recently did a science informed online course from Babara Oakley she explained how the insular cortex is responsible for procrastination, because pain is perceived there.

When sitting down in order to do smth. the pain disappears in the insular cortex. Having milestones as well as process goals and breaking them down is very good usually. To not be overwhelmed by the task. Process goals really can help you to keep doing a task, for instance write 2h on subject XYZ and being specific when and where to set intents.

This is from my notes, more principled-based I railroaded the course at 2X.

• Sitting down activates the alleavating signal for the insular cortex.
  • There is less pain activated and we can get easily into a flow state
  • The flow state helps us learning
  • Best learnes learn 52 minutes and take 17 minute break

There is also MoocLab in case you want to turn on your camera and study with others, there are a lot of people from different countries. Also, a lot of groups.

1 Like

chunking is helpful I some ways, but I find leads to further procrastination on the more important items I want to accomplish or take steps toward accomplishing. That is - it is easy to chunk less important items and to say, "I’ll go after this ‘low hanging fruit’ and then get to the other items after I feel so great about accomplishing these little items. My problem is (1) accomplishing one little items sometimes creates another ancillary item(s) to pursue that bring me (enjoyable) further away from the important items and (2) can be seen as another form of procrastination keeping me from getting to work on the more important item(s). What seems to work best for me is to be public with my commitment to achieve a certain end - and to put some time and perhaps money in the commitment. Still - within that broader path there are many many ways to procrastinate even on that path. Maybe we should wait for more advise, Sheekus. :-):blush: