I was recently turned onto this book and will be working through it over the next few weeks with a few like-minded people.
I thought I would share it.
The main idea is that we need to treat the decline of rational discourse as a disease that has now reached pandemic proportions.
- Do people have the “right” to incubate bad ideas without challenge?
- How do we vaccinate ourselves against bad ideas?
- Do people have the right to refuse to be vaccinated against bad ideas?
- Can society afford to not challenge bad ideas before they start to spread?
- Do we need only accept responsible beliefs as valid, and reject irresponsible beliefs as invalid?
- Do people who spread irresponsible beliefs bear blame for the results and should they bear consequences?
From an Integral perspective - can the qualities of Green Tier address the current spread of endemic bad ideas, or do we need to dip into other tiers.