Integral AI Testing

What Vervaeke said:

@corey-devos, where is the access point for adding any training material to GPT3 or GPT4?

Do we know any Integral-informed or, at least, Integral-curious guys at the OpenAI or DeepMind/Anthropic ecosystems? Why not invite some of them to this convo, if they exist?

The key phrase there is that AI could help, i.e. AI could enable it but will not do it for us. The enfoldment mechanism will still require us to act in communities of co-creation with AI, something like this:

Hey George, my training vectors are being managed by a third party app called Get Chunky. Right now we are running on GPT 3.5, because GPT 4 tokens are 20x more expensive, so it would be more difficult/expensive to socialize that for our members.

Do we know any Integral-informed or, at least, Integral-curious guys at the OpenAI or DeepMind/Anthropic ecosystems

I do not, but if anyone else does, please let me know!

The key phrase there is that AI could help , i.e. AI could enable it but will not do it for us.

I don’t disagree. I think there may be some natural positive emergents that may come out of all this that may help, such as acting as a overall Orange “attractor” to help re-establish a worldcentric center of gravity in our discourse. But yeah, what I am seeing here is a strong possibility, not an inevitability by any means :slight_smile:

Right. What do you see in the 8-zone factors to increase the chance of turning that possibility into reality?

The last time I posted a video from this intellectual giant it led to the longest drama string here on this platform. I hope this video can just make us think about where we should be aligning or optimizing, of course my argument is that we need a spiritual solution to our meta-crisis.

I haven’t watched this yet, but I’ve been enjoying some of Schmactenberger’s thoughts around the emergence of AI. I watched a fantastic discussion with him about the “Moloch problem” that did a great job identifying many of the collective/systemic shadows and externalities that we need to be mindful about. Thanks for sharing, @excecutive!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing here’s the videoI found for those curious!

That’s the one! Thanks for posting it. Great and important discussion.

I also thought this was a reasonable response to the Moloch problem:

I too thought this was a “reasonable” response to the Moloch problem, and the podcast was educational for me. I did think it was overall a little naive perhaps, some of the assumptions or proposals being made. For instance, AGI policing and self-regulation: Social media “recommender systems” choose what we see, read; as one AI researcher/expert (Russell) stated, “(social media) have more control over human cognitive intake than any empire or dictator in history, and yet are completely unregulated.” (The U.S. is the most lax in terms of regulation, compared to other countries.) Will AI or AGI be any better when it comes to regulation? Good question.

I also thought there was some contradiction in Shapiro’s response. Under “Incentives and Constraints” (for Corporations, Militaries, Governments, Individuals), he used economic theory to term the incentives for individuals as “maximizing self-interest” but then throughout his talk about the possible benefits of AI or the possible move towards Utopia, repeatedly referred to the collective (“we all want,” “most people want,” “beneficial to everyone,” etc.) without reconciling the capitalist view of what individuals want with his humanitarian view of what “we all want.” I think there’s a little conflict there.

I agree of course. In the video he said AI is not a cause of the metacrisis, it is an Accelerant.

I completely agree that AI will accelerate individuals, communities and Nations toward the direction they are headed.

The only difficulty is how we get people to agree on a “wise” version of spirituality.

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment @raybennett :slight_smile: I completely agree with what you wrote.

I also have a further contribution to " … agree on a “wise” version of spirituality." I think the word “wise” and “version” might actually pollute our internal spiritual wisdom. Defining the “wise version” engages our intellect, divorcing us from our inner spiritual feeling states.

Spirituality is something totally unique inside of each and every one of us. This is an internal exclusive connection to the whole of our reality. This spirituality includes all peoples, from all nations, races, religions and faiths, all ages and genders … all living things for that matter. We’re ALL ONE in the conscious dance of life.

We all have access to this perfect spiritual space within us. This spirituality is inside every person who breathes in oxygen and consciously acknowledges their own existence, as intricately part of the whole of reality. From this spiritual space, without the clutter of egoic intellect, our every question is answered and our every need is met.

The fundamental truth of our connection with life, we hold this in common with everyone that exist in our world. When we consciously consider this spiritual truth of life we excel and advance as a species. As Jesus said, “You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.”

I do not understand. If you can bring some light…

You mean that GPT is not only a probabilistic cognitive intelligence? I thought the altitudes were a clever way to integrate all the different types of intelligences.

I have a very complex relationship with this thing: Enjoying the easiness to access knowledge. But I do not get any “aha” moment from the knowledge. You know the feeling you get when understanding a new concept, to comprehend (from the latin: to take with you).

I am personally super grateful to all green approaches (and understand and feel the limitations). The diversity helped and helps me comprehend a lot of the reality.

For the moment, at short term, I see a huge tsunami of conformity heading on to me. A wave of noise. I cannot hear the music of the spheres.

I just started playing with IntegralMind and it is absolutely fantastic! For the first time with AI, I feel like it has opened up my vision of the world and brought new things to mind which I have never thought of before. In particular, the Worldviews section is wonderful because it can help you see perspectives that fly above or below your own altitude. I feel that my kinaesthetic line of development is basically Green, so I benefited immensely from learning about the Turquoise view of fitness. I live in supported accommodation with a lot of people who are center-of-gravity Amber, so getting an insight into it from that perspective was enlightening also.

It’s a fantastic resource and I can’t believe how good Corey’s managed to make it even at such an early stage. Great job, man! Keep it up <3

In the Ontological Shock video, I seem to recall that Robb tells us that AI consistently responds from an Orange perspective, even when asked to respond as other stages. I think that Ken did a great job ‘speaking as’ the various stages in that one famous part of One Taste where he traces the development of the Kosmos by writing from the perspective of first the rocks, then the animals, then early humans and all the way up to fully realized beings. Once AI can repeatably produce perspectives which read as authentic expressions of each stage on demand, then I think we can start to wonder whether it is integral.

EDIT: I finally managed to get a Clear Light altitude answer and it reads like Ken Wilber. I actually got that whole-Kosmos-flashing-before-your-eyes feeling that reading the 3rd-tier sections of The Religion of Tomorrow gave me. WOW!

I would LOVE if we could get an IntegralMind app that could look at holons from the perspectives of the different Enneagram types and give advice as to how to presence better!

So glad you are enjoying it @sankui. Just a heads up, the worldview generator (which I want to change to either “Perspectives” or “Worldspaces”) just got updated to GPT4, so it’s working MUCH better than it was. Give it a try!

Got it. I just found that you can get a full quadrant analysis of a holon using the Worldview generator by typing in the level of development you want to analyse it from and then AQAL, like “psytrance Teal AQAL”

Which is amazing! I could use up a bunch of your expensive GPT-4 tickets looking up everything in all quadrants from all levels.

This is a fantastic idea. I think I’ll work on it :slight_smile:

I’d like to test it, if it would still be useful!