Integral prompt crafting

me:
Can you draw an Integral matrix of prompt crafting?

Holo:
Sure, I can help you create a polarity matrix for prompt crafting using Integral Theory. Here’s a basic example:

Quadrant Interior Exterior
Individual What is your personal motivation for crafting this prompt? What is the intended outcome of the prompt?
Collective What is the cultural context in which this prompt will be received? What is the social impact of the prompt?
Level Personal Cultural
Pre-personal What unconscious biases might be present in the prompt? What cultural assumptions might be embedded in the prompt?
Personal What personal values and beliefs are reflected in the prompt? How might the prompt challenge or reinforce cultural norms?
Pluralistic How might the prompt be inclusive of diverse perspectives? How might the prompt be exclusive or marginalizing?
Integral How might the prompt integrate multiple perspectives and levels of development? How might the prompt contribute to the evolution of culture and consciousness?

This is just a basic example, but you can customize it to fit your specific needs. The idea is to use Integral Theory to consider both the interior and exterior dimensions of the prompt, as well as the individual and collective perspectives, and the different levels of development that might be involved.

me:
How would a matrix of the 8 Integral zones of prompt crafting look like?

Holo:
Great question! Here’s an Integral matrix of the 8 zones of prompt crafting:

Quadrant Interior Exterior
Individual What is your personal motivation for crafting this prompt? What is the intended outcome of the prompt?
Collective What is the cultural context in which this prompt will be received? What is the social impact of the prompt?
Level Personal Cultural
Pre-personal What unconscious biases might be present in the prompt? What cultural assumptions might be embedded in the prompt?
Personal What personal values and beliefs are reflected in the prompt? How might the prompt challenge or reinforce cultural norms?
Pluralistic How might the prompt be inclusive of diverse perspectives? How might the prompt be exclusive or marginalizing?
Integral How might the prompt integrate multiple perspectives and levels of development? How might the prompt contribute to the evolution of culture and consciousness?
Zone Interior Exterior
Upper-Left What is the subjective experience of the prompt for the individual? What is the psychological impact of the prompt?
Upper-Right What is the objective content of the prompt? What is the physical manifestation of the prompt?
Lower-Left What is the cultural meaning of the prompt? What is the social context of the prompt?
Lower-Right What is the systemic impact of the prompt? What is the ecological impact of the prompt?

This matrix combines the 8 zones of Integral Theory with the 4 quadrants and 2 levels of development. It allows you to consider the subjective and objective dimensions of the prompt (Upper-Left and Upper-Right), as well as the cultural and systemic dimensions (Lower-Left and Lower-Right). It also allows you to consider the individual and collective perspectives (Individual and Collective quadrants), as well as the personal and cultural levels of development (Personal and Cultural levels).

By using this matrix, you can craft prompts that are more holistic and inclusive, taking into account the different perspectives and dimensions involved. It can also help you identify blind spots or biases that might be present in your prompts, and work to address them.

@corey-devos , could any of the above be useful to your Integral AI Testing?

I think this is very cool George! Interestingly, only Holo could have made this, because she knows what the 8 zones are due to her training materials, while even GPT4 continues to get the zones wrong.

This list is a great way for a) the user to set their intentions while forming a prompt, and b) the user to extract more information, context, and perspective from a previous prompt. I think that’s cool. How else do you think it might be applied? For example, I could see myself using something like this to create a meta-prompt that trains GPT to then help the user generate more prompts, asking the user contemplate followup questions, etc.

I am working on another related project, which funny enough Holo cannot do because GPT3.5 is not robust enough to handle it. It is basically an attempt to use prompts to turn GPT into a giga-glossary that can note the many ways a particular occasion can be observed/enacted. So an atom, for example, subsists at the atomic level, but only becomes observed as a building block of matter at Orange, in the UR quadrant, via a 3rd-person perspective. So it becomes something like an index of all possible phenomenological perspectives on a given object or occasion, which in turn helps clarify which referents a speaker’s signifier is actually trying to point to — which I think is exactly the sort of thing that can help increase mutual understanding, and decrease total fragmentation between people.

There is only so much I can do through prompt engineering (as opposed to, for example, duplicating the large language model and doing some very expensive fine tuning on it), but the results have been encouraging so far.

So I am basically using a large language model to create a large language model LOL

Wild times we live in :slight_smile: